Kia Telluride vs Hyundai Palisade
You may be comparing the Hyundai Palisade to the Kia Telluride and seeing that the Palisade is a little ($140) cheaper than the Telluride, but is it really?
Take a moment to bo below the surface to see if this is really the case:
While it is true that the Palisade has a “Starting Price” of $140 less than the Telluride, let’s set the record straight about the value, so you can see the differences between these two SUVs.
START WITH STANDARD FEATURES:
- Telluride has many more standard features than Palisade, including multiple safety and convenience features that are important to most customers.
- In fact, to get some of the most desired features that come standard on the Kia Telluride, it would require consumers to spend at least $1,800 more on a similarly equipped Palisade.
Take a look at the standard Telluride Key Feature advantages:
|Base Price||$31,690||$31,550||$140 Advantage: Palisade|
|Sofino Leatherette (Palisade has cloth only)||Standard||Not Available||Advantage: Telluride|
|Smart Key w/ Push button Start||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Blind Spot Collision Warning & Avoidance (#1 asked for safety feature)||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning w/ Brake Intervention||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Safe Exit Assist||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Rear Occupant Alert (Ultrasonic w/ Text notification)||Standard||$36,600 (SEL Trim + Conv Pkg and Sunroof)||$4,910 Advantage: Telluride|
|Modem Connectivity (App based remote start, temp adjustment, lock/unlock)||Standard||$37,850 (SEL Trim + Conv Pkg, Sunroof, Drive Guidance)||$6,160 Advantage: Telluride|
Telluride has $1,600 more in superior standard features, far better in value than the $140 Palisade “price advantage”
WHAT ABOUT THE PREMIUM FEATURES:
- As you go through the available trims and packages, Telluride offers more premium features as standard equipment at more attainable price points, than the Palisade.
- Advanced Luxury features such as 360 Surround View Monitor & Ventilated Front Seats are also available in packages starting for thousands less on Telluride vs. Palisade.
Take a look at the Telluride Premium Feature price advantages:
|Premium Features at Price of Trim Packages Offered||Telluride||Palisade||Telluride Advantage|
|20” Alloy Wheels||$33,990||$36,600||$2,610|
|Navigation w/ 10.25” Screen||$37,090||$37,850||$760|
|Ventilated Front Seats||$37,090||$44,700||$7,610|
|360 Surround View Monitor||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
|Harman/Kardon Premium Audio||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
|Front and Rear Power Sunroof||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
Bottom Line, consumers can get the Premium Features they desire at a more affordable price point.
WHAT ABOUT PRODUCT FEATURES:
- While it is true that Telluride and Palisade share a base unibody platform; Telluride does offer some specific product advantages over Palisade.
- Telluride has more room inside
- More overall interior room
- More 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-row headroom
- More 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-row shoulder room
- Telluride has 3 cubic feet more storage space behind the 3rd-row seat than the Palisade (about 3 NBA basketballs more!)
- Telluride has slightly better FWD combined fuel economy
- Telluride 23 MPG, Palisade 22 MPG
- CAR and DRIVER, started an online poll back in February 2019 to see which of these two vehicles people preferred most.
As of June 2019, Telluride is being chosen nearly 2 to 1.
Despite the minimal savings, Telluride is clearly a better overall value. It offers more standard equipment and lower price points for premium features that consumers desire. Read the Telluride reviews and it’s clear to see why this is such a standout model.
Final Advantage: Kia Telluride