A common question we hear time and time again at the Greenway Kia East finance department is, “Should I buy or lease?” While neither option is ‘better’ than the other, there will likely be reasons why one option is a better fit for your driving needs or budget.
Below, we explore the basics of leasing vs. financing to help you make a decision you can be completely happy with when you shop with us. Once you know which financing option is right for you, stop by Greenway Kia East today to make your dream car a reality.
Leasing vs. Buying: Cost Over Time
- One of the main reasons Orlando drivers decide to lease is the lower monthly payments.An added bonus is thatyou won’t have to worry about escalating service or repair costs while you have the vehicle in your possession.
- If you choose to finance, you will not have to worry about monthly payments once the loan is paid off in full.Keep in mind that repair costs tend to increase as the vehicle ages.
Leasing vs. Buying: Mileage Limits
- When you finance, you are free to drive as much as you want without having to worry about mileage limits. There are also no charges for excess wear and tear on the vehicle.
- To lease a vehicle, you will need to adhere to mileage limits set forth in your lease agreement. If you exceed those limits, you will have to pay a penalty.
Leasing vs. Buying: Vehicle Modifications
- If you plan to customize your vehicle in any way, you will want to opt for traditional financing. You can modify your vehicle to suit your style or driving needs.
- Because the dealership still owns the vehicle when you lease, it needs to remain as close to factory condition as possible because it will be resold once your lease agreement ends.
Leasing vs. Buying: Flexibility and Convenience
- When you finance, you are free to sell the vehicle at any time if you are looking to upgrade.
- When you lease, you do not have to deal with the hassle of selling your vehicle when it is time for something new. All you have to do is bring the vehicle back to the dealership when the lease expires and select your next new car. It’s that simple!
Learn More About Leasing and Financing Options at Greenway Kia East
If you still have questions about leasing vs. buying, do not hesitate to contact the team at Greenway Kia East. We would be more than happy to further discuss your options and answer any questions you might have about leasing with bad credit. Check out our current lease offers to help you make your decision. We want to help you confidently answer the question, “Should I buy or lease?”